Monday, January 21, 2008

Question!

Here's a question...

This morning my mom was waking me up to go to work...and when I said give me 2 minutes to sleep...she told me that my breath stinks! So it got me thinking...

Why does our breath stink in the morning?

Here's the link to the answers.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118165820AASEicg

I like this answer the best!

Here it is : Almost everyone has had bad breath first thing in the morning. During the day, movement of the tounge and cheeks dislodges food debris and dead cells, and these are washed away by saliva. While we are asleep our tounge and cheeks do not move much and the flow of saliva is reduced. The food residues stagnate in the mouth, and mouth bacteria rapidly break them down, releasing an unpleaseant stale smell. Breathing trough the mouth when sleeping tends to make this worse. Fortunately, morning breath normally disappears after breakfast, cleaning the teeth or rinsing the mouth with water. Get your saliva going with a drink of water and lemon

No comments: